There are 7 major elements when we talk about the communication process. These are: sender, ideas, encoding, communication channel, receiver, decoding and feedback. We will talk in this article about a specific situation: the online communication.
How we can define communication?
Communication is a process that concerns an exchange of ideas and facts between two or more entities, to achieve a mutual idea. The communication process is, both, static and dynamic. Dynamic, because there is a continuous interaction, where both parts are influenced, and static because there are certain rules to obtain an effective communication.
In our special case, where there is a communication between a possible client and a company, the communication is mostly static, since we have to follow certain rules and be an emblematic ambassador for the brand we represent. We have to adopt a certain language, attitude and principles and we have to obtain a good feedback. This is why our experts in communication are staying in touch daily with news from this domain and adapt their methods accordingly.
What are the major elements of communication for online support?
1. Sender: the person who approaches our services with the intention of getting an answer to his or her questions or passing a feedback.
2. Ideas: the passed ideas are the subject matter of this action. These can represent attitudes, opinions, views, feelings, suggestions, complaints or questions.
3. Encoding: represents the conversion of subject matter in certain symbols. Here, things get complicated, because most people use their own definition for certain emotions or ideas. The way they put these in sentences offers a view over their type of personality.
4. Communication channel: online, the communication channel is the chat window. There are certain techniques that we`ll discuss in future articles, we use to warm the discussion or transmit a certain feeling about it, so that the sender will not remain with the idea that the communication was cold and the specialist is not involved in solving his or her problem.
5. Receiver: the receiver is a member of our team, whose main activity is to solve clients` problems and represent your brand. In the mind of the sender, he will not talk with a human who drinks, sleep or raise children, like all of us, but to a brand. This is why, in our case, the receiver is a fictional entity and will have to behave accordingly.
6. Decoding: the receiver has to extract the meaning from the symbols sent by the sender and understand completely what he needs.
7. Feedback: is the process in which the receiver and the sender are ensuring that they understood each other correctly and they are proceeding to find a solution.
Of course, each major element has other sub elements under it, since communication and public relations is a vast domain. Fortunately, our team knows all about it and has a solution for every problem that may appear! Find your communication strategy today, by contacting us using this info.